Messages of Sympathy and Condolences are often difficult to express, but they are important to convey. They will help you to translate your feelings into words as it can be difficult to know what to say during these tough situations.
Listed below are samples condolence messages we have collected over the years and would like to share them with you as a guide and hopefully they bring you good ideas on what and how to convey your condolences to the bereaved family. These messages are generally being printed on the message card together with your condolence flowers or condolence wreaths.
compiled by Lynn Kok from 24HrsCityFlorist.com
1. In Loving Memory of Mr./ Ms./ Mrs.
2. We will miss you always.
3. With Deepest Sympathy.
4. Our Deepest Condolences & Heartfelt Condolences.
5. Our heartfelt condolences on the passing of your beloved father.
6. We are deeply saddened to hear of the loss. Please accept our heartfelt condolence to you and your family.
7. Our Deepest Condolences on the passing of your father. May he find eternal peace & rest.
8. We were deeply saddened by the news of
9. With love and remembrance.
10. Forever Remembered, Forever Missed.
11. Our collective hearts are heavy with sympathy.
12. Our thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time.
13. May loving memories ease your loss and bring you comfort.
14. May the love of so many who care for you, be a comfort to you at this time.
15. Words seem inadequate to express the sorrow felt by the loss of
16. We will always cherish the beautiful memories of
18. You and your family are in our prayers. Sorry to hear of your loss.
19. With deepest sympathy & heartfelt condolences on the demise of your beloved
20. May memories of
21. We were saddened to hear the news about
22. Please accept my/our sincere condolences on your loss. May those beautiful yesterdays always remain in your heart, and your sorrows gently fade away.
23. Whilst I cannot physically be with you in time of deep sorrow, my spirit is there with your family. Our special friend will always be remembered for his/her courage. With deepest sympathy.
Biblical Sympathy Messages and Verses
24. May you find comfort, peace, and encouragement. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
25. Words cannot express my sadness. May the comfort of God help you through this difficult time.
26. Please accept my/our sincere condolences on your loss. May God be with you in this hour of grief.
27. During this time of deep sorrow, know that you are not alone. We are praying that the God of all comfort will fill your heart with His peace and love.
28. May He who knows your sorrow bring peace, comfort, and healing to your soul.
29. “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die.” John 11:25-26
30. “He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.” Revelation 21:4
31. “Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.” Matthew 5:4
32. “No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him.” 1 Corinthians 2:9
33. “When you go through deep waters, I will be with you.” Isaiah 43:2
34. “Come to me, all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” Matthew 11:28
35. “The memory of the righteous is a blessing.” Proverbs 10:7
36. Our heartfelt condolences on the loss of your loved one. May the Lord comfort and bless you and your family during this time.
37. Our deepest condolences on the passing of your beloved husband & father.
38. “He makes me to lie down in green pastures ; He leads me beside the still waters.” Psalm 23:2